Tuition Assistance

FREE Infant Toddler Program (I/T Grant)

& Wrap Around Childcare Services

The free Infant Toddler Program (I/T Grant) and Wrap Around Childcare Services (before/after Pre-k Counts Program) at Latrobe & Ligonier Kinder-Schull goes through the Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC) Child Care Works (CCW). To see if your eligible for free or reduced tuition, you need to apply for services on their website for childcare. Wrap Around Services are available for Private Pay as well. Then, for infants and toddlers, please fill out the application on our Enroll Now tab.

Below is information about the program provided by the Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC) Child Care Works (CCW)

The subsidized child care program helps low-income families pay their child care fees. The state and federal governments fund this program, which is managed by the Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC) office located in your county.

If you meet the guidelines:

    • The ELRC will pay a part of your child care cost. This is called a subsidy payment.

    • You will pay a part of the cost. This is called the family co-pay.

    • The subsidy payment and the family co-pay go directly to the child care program.

NOTE: If your child care subsidy does not pay the full amount that your child care program charges, the provider may ask you to pay the difference between the subsidy payment and their private charges.

You must submit an application to the ELRC to see if you meet the guidelines for the subsidized child care program.

The following are the basic guidelines:

    • You must live in Pennsylvania

    • Have a child or children who need child care while you work or attend an education program

    • Meet income guidelines for your family size

    • Work 20 or more hours a week - or-

    • Work 10 hours and go to school or train for 10 hours a week

    • Have a promise of a job that will start within 30 days of your application for subsidized child care

    • Teen parents must attend an education program

    • The child who needs care must be a citizen of the United States or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residency

    • Have proof of identification for each parent or caretaker in the home.